Result by tag Navigation 16 results
- Compass point between two locations
Given coordinates of two locations in decimal degrees, this calculator displays constant azimuth, distance and compass points for different compass roses.
- Compass Points
The calculator gives name of compass point by direction angle in degrees.
- Compass, magnetic and true course.
Calculates true, magnetic and compass direction(course, bearing) by given direction, magnetic declination and deviation.
- Course angle and the distance between the two points on loxodrome (rhumb line).
Calculation of a distance on loxodrome (rhumb line) and course angle (azimuth) between two points with a given geographical coordinates.
- Course angles and distance between the two point on the orthodrome(great circle)
Calculates the distance between two point of the Earth specified geodesic (geographical) coordinates along the shortest path - the great circle (orthodrome). Calculates the initial and final course angles and azimuth at intermediate points between the two given.
- Distance across the surface vs distance through the Earth
This calculator calculates distance across the surface of the Earth and distance through the Earth for given two points, then compares them.
- Distance calculator
Calculates distance between two geographic coordinates using haversine formula.
- Distance through the Earth
This calculator calculates the distance from one point on the Earth to another point, going through the Earth, instead of going across the surface.
- Earth Radius by Latitude (WGS 84)
This online calculator calculates Earth radius at given latitude using WGS 84 reference ellipsoid
- Flag semaphore signals
The calculator converts english phrase to the flag semaphore signal sequence.
- Nautical measurement units
Nautical mile, sea mile, cable
- Points of the compass
This online calculator outputs compass point given direction angle in degrees. Different compass roses (4, 8, 16, 32, 128-wind compass roses) are supported.
- Prospect distance from the ground and line of sight distance between two observers
Calculates the prospect distance from height at observer and line of sight distance between two observers.
- Tidal gate calculator (Rule of twelfths)
This calculator calculates tidal gates using the rule of twelfths, estimating the height of the tide at any time, given only the time and height of high and low water.