This content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0 (Unported). That means you may freely redistribute or modify this content under the same license conditions and must attribute the original author by placing a hyperlink from your site to this work https://planetcalc.com/201/. Also, please do not modify any references to the original work (if any) contained in this content.
In the old days, the height of a person was expressed in the old Russian system of measures units, namely arshins (1 arshin is 71.12 centimeters) and vershoks (1 vershok is 4.44 centimeters). A person could have a height of 2 arshins and 10 vershoks, which is approximately 187 centimeters. Also, it was assumed that a normal person would be at least 2 arshins height, so arshins were often omitted (with 2 as the default value), and only vershoks were used, like "His height is 10 vershoks".
This calculator converts height in centimeters into height in arshins and vershoks.
- • Conversion between metric units of length and old Russian system of measures units of length
- • Plane angles measurement systems
- • Exotic length units
- • Imperial to Metric and Metric to Imperial measures of length converter
- • Area expression with different units
- • Units converters section ( 24 calculators )