Well, we already have dozens of date and time related calculators, including How many days are there between two dates? and How many weeks are between two dates, but sometimes visitors ask in comments how many months are there between two dates. So, the calculator below should fill the gap. However, this can be a tricky question to answer, depending on how do you understand the number of months in the difference, cause, you see, the month is not very definite unit of measurement.
So, this calculator follows certain convention, which looks just right for me. It counts full months taking into account days in the month. Here are the couple examples.
- from 29th Jan to 1st Feb - 0 months 3 days (29, 30, 31 Jan)
- from 29th Jan to 28th Feb - 0 months 30 days (well, because it is not a full month)
- from 29th Jan to 1st Mar - 1 month 3 days (29, 30, 31 Jan)
- from 1st Feb to 1st Mar - 1 month 0 days
- from 1st Feb to 2nd Mar - 1 month 1 day (1st Mar)
- from 28th Feb to 2nd Apr - 1 month 2 days (28th Feb and 1st Apr)