With a simple click of the "Calculate" button, the calculator selects a random quote from a pool of 71 Latin quotes and displays its translation in English. This tool can be used for learning purposes or simply for entertainment, as Latin quotes have been a source of wisdom, inspiration, and humor for centuries.
Some well-known Latin quotes include:
- "Cogito, ergo sum" (I think, therefore I am) by René Descartes
- "Carpe diem" (Seize the day) from the poem "Odes" by Horace
- "Alea iacta est" (The die is cast) by Julius Caesar
- "Veni, vidi, vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered) by Julius Caesar
- "Nihil novi sub sole" (Nothing new under the sun) from the book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible
- "Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur" (Even a god finds it hard to love and be wise at the same time) by Publilius Syrus
Latin quotes are still widely used in various fields, such as science, law, literature, and philosophy. They are often abbreviated and used as mottos, aphorisms, and maxims to convey universal truths and moral principles. Latin quotes have a rich cultural and historical background and are considered a timeless legacy of the classical era.