This content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0 (Unported). That means you may freely redistribute or modify this content under the same license conditions and must attribute the original author by placing a hyperlink from your site to this work https://planetcalc.com/8330/. Also, please do not modify any references to the original work (if any) contained in this content.
This calculator can help you if you are looking for the answer to the questions like:
- 17 weeks in months?
- how much is 13 weeks in months?
- how long is 10 weeks in months?
- what is 28 weeks in months?
- 16 weeks is how many months?
As you can see, there are many ways to ask, but essentially it is all about converting weeks to months. I think this is what pregnant women often look for. Conversion is based on averages, so, it may slip a day or several days in case of February, etc. but I think averages are good enough for most people. For those who interested, details of calculation and why it can slip a day explained below the calculator.
Weeks in months
Speaking of averages, the calculator considers a month to be 365/12=30,416667 days long.
Let's calculate 5 weeks interval using this value. 5 weeks is 35 days. 35 days is 30,416667 + 4,58333, which is 1 month and 4 days, if we take closest integer number below 4,58333.
Now let's compare this result to real life cases:
- If we start counting from 1st of January, 35 days is indeed 1 month 4 days
- If we start counting from 1st of February, 35 days is 1 month 7 days (for leap year it is 1 month 6 days)
- If we start counting from 1st of April, 35 days is 1 month 5 days.
So, in some cases it can slip a day because of 30/31 days in month, and more if February is involved. But if we talk about pregnancy, probably, it doesn't matter.