This content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0 (Unported). That means you may freely redistribute or modify this content under the same license conditions and must attribute the original author by placing a hyperlink from your site to this work https://planetcalc.com/346/. Also, please do not modify any references to the original work (if any) contained in this content.
This option was added as a nod to the old joke about whether a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of iron. It helps you visualize the relative size of the substance and understand why two materials with the same weight might look very different due to differences in density.
The substances are picked up from the following handbook: The density of a substance, which is open for editing by registered users. Density should be entered in grams per cubic centimeter.
- • Relations between the mass, the length, the width, and the area density (surface density) of the fabric
- • Surface tension. Weight and volume of the drop of liquid
- • Volume-to-Weight Converter
- • Calculation of weight by volume
- • Alcohol amount in the aqueous alcohol solution
- • Engineering section ( 37 calculators )