This content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0 (Unported). That means you may freely redistribute or modify this content under the same license conditions and must attribute the original author by placing a hyperlink from your site to this work https://planetcalc.com/73/. Also, please do not modify any references to the original work (if any) contained in this content.
This calculator computes the distance between two points on Earth. It uses the Vincenty formula. The calculator uses the mean radius value according to WGS 84. According to Wikipedia, since Earth is not an ideal sphere, the formula can give a 0.5% error. You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_circle_distance
- • Distance across the surface vs distance through the Earth
- • Course angles and distance between the two points on the orthodrome(great circle)
- • Distance between two cities
- • Distance through the Earth
- • Prospect distance from the ground and line of sight distance between two observers
- • Navigation section ( 19 calculators )