This online calculator can join two csv lists by key column the same way JOIN works in SQL (inner join, left outer join, right outer join)
I think most of those who ever wrote on SQL know about table joins using the JOIN operator. But what if you have a couple of CSV (comma separated values) lists with key columns containing the same values for both lists and want to get joined list?
For example, like this:
The resulting list, joined by values of zero column in the first list and zero column in the second list:
Of course, you can create tables in the database of your choice, import data to the tables, and write your JOIN, or you could write a program on the language of your choice, which will do the same. However, you can also save time and use the calculator below.
Here is how it works:
- Fill the first list with text from your CSV file
- Set parsing regular expression (note that default regular expression works on a row with two columns separated by comma)
- Set index of key column (this column will be used for join)
- Repeat the same for the second list (note that default regular expression for the second list works on a row with two columns separated by space)
- Set join type: inner join, left outer join, or right outer join
- Set column separator for the resulting list
- Set NULL substitution value, of course, for outer joins.
- Click "Calculate"
- You will get the joined list with the key value in the zero column