This online calculator can join two csv lists by key column the same way JOIN works in SQL (inner join, left outer join, right outer join)
This content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0 (Unported). That means you may freely redistribute or modify this content under the same license conditions and must attribute the original author by placing a hyperlink from your site to this work https://planetcalc.com/7487/. Also, please do not modify any references to the original work (if any) contained in this content.
I think most of those who ever wrote on SQL know about table joins using the JOIN operator. But what if you have a couple of CSV (comma separated values) lists with key columns containing the same values for both lists and want to get joined list?
For example, like this:
The resulting list, joined by values of zero column in the first list and zero column in the second list:
Of course, you can create tables in the database of your choice, import data to the tables, and write your JOIN, or you could write a program on the language of your choice, which will do the same. However, you can also save time and use the calculator below.
Here is how it works:
- Fill the first list with text from your CSV file
- Set parsing regular expression (note that default regular expression works on a row with two columns separated by comma)
- Set index of key column (this column will be used for join)
- Repeat the same for the second list (note that default regular expression for the second list works on a row with two columns separated by space)
- Set join type: inner join, left outer join, or right outer join
- Set column separator for the resulting list
- Set NULL substitution value, of course, for outer joins.
- Click "Calculate"
- You will get the joined list with the key value in the zero column